1. The Stealing of Baby Harley – the harrowing account of Police and Social Services taking the 13-week baby who is allergic to industrial milk and thus dependent on his mum’s milk
2. The Abduction of the Six Children of the M-Family – who are threatened with prison unless their stories are removed from the web – with these articles by Christopher Booker in the Sunday Telegraph:
- Forced adoption is a truly dreadful scandal – recounting three other dreadful ‘cases’
- It’s time to bring family law to book – “supposedly devised to protect the interest of the children but too often seems to result in the very opposite…
- Forced adoption: social workers’ surreal investigation recalls ‘satanic abuse’ scandal – in one ongoing case, social workers pursuing the most surreal inquiries
- Child protection: MPs must act on the scandal of seized children – Britain’s child protection is off the rails and only the politicians who built it can fix it…
every normal principle of British justice has been stood on its head
of 7,340 applications for care orders made by social workers, only 20 were refused (in 2008)
the vast fostering industry, run by dozens of agencies, often owned by ex-social workers, which also receive £20,000 a year for each child they place
another purpose of the system is to ensure that as many children as possible are adopted (at a copst of £36,000 per placement) in accordancy with Tony Blair’s personal commitment a decade ago that the target for adoptions in Britain should rise by 40%.
Councils are still receiving millions of pounds a year for meeting adoption targets
… to protect the identity and interests of the children, but secrecy has been so extended that its real aim is to protect the system itself and all those who do so well out of it.
- Forced adoptions get no sympathy from the ministry – while loving families are torn apart, Whitehall insists the system is working fine…
“cases represent only an untypical minority of the total – less than 10%” – in general, the system is working fine…
of around 8,000 applications made each year for care orders, only one in 400 is refused…
this only confirms that we indeed have a national scandal on our hands.
- Child protection: how a cruel council plays its cat-and-mouse game – one distraught family’s experience is typical of our warped system of child protection…
- Social workers’ cruel game with children in care continues – Why can a mother not be told her children are unavailable before she makes an epic journey to see them?
- Does this family have human rights? – Social workers persist in their cruel treatment of an innocent family
- Parents denied a voice in court against the child-snatchers – Lord Justice Thorpe was ‘aghast’ at the way children had been removed from their paraents by a county court. But such outrages are an everyday procedure…
I have now followed dozens of cases where children are seized from their parents by social workers on the flimsiest of evidence, and where the parents then find themselves in the clutches of a system rigged against them in every way.
One of the most disturbing features of this system, which protects itself behind a wall of secrecy, is how far it goes to ensure that aggrieved parents are represented only by lawyers who are themselves accomplices of the system.
3. A very disturbing and searching account of a woman who was abused and separated from her children
4. A most literary expression of a mother whose child was ‘given’ to the abusive father
- ‘Tick box culture’ for social workers needs to come to an end (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- Child Protection Services STILL Investigating Nick And Mariah! (perezhilton.com)
- Massive fall in child abuse deaths linked to new protection policies (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)
- Munro Review: CPS MUST be freed from ‘UNHELPFUL TARGETS’ (michellelanthony.wordpress.com)