Here’s the Daily Mail article of 16th August 2009: This mother went on the run across Europe after social workers tried to snatch her son. Her crime? Letting him see her husband shout at her…
The video about her story contains excellent captions:
- “I have fought to keep him and I have won.”
- in the past ten years, there has been a 50% rise in the number of parents who, just like her, have been accused of ’emotionally harming’ their children
- last year, 6,700 ’emotionally harmed’ children were placed on the protection register.
- there were 2,600 registrations for sexual abuse and 5,100 for physical abuse
John Hemming MP, once again:
As far as I can see, the state intervention in this case has been entirely damaging and the activities of the courts more so to protect the interests of the system, rather than protect the children.
The foster care system is totally obsolete. Kids are being killed, abused and even experimented on. At age 18, they are aged out of the system, they give them $5 and a bag of lunch and say “go, live your life”.
Most of these kids end up in trouble, jail or a mental institution. (or brothel!) All the kids in the group homes, juveniel detention centers and over half of the people in prison overall come from the foster care system.
A lady said to me in Oakland, Ca: “Mr Crosby, you should see them when they get out of the van and they’re being transferred from one house to another and they have everything they own in the world in a black hefty bag that they’re carrying. They look like refugees.
She said that you look at the children’s faces and there’s neither happiness nor anger. There’s nothing left.
If by age 18, you’ve been in over 20 homes, how do you trust anybody any more? Our people need to feel these things and hear these things.
They need to feel it like when you rip a Band-Aid off. We need to feel the sting. Otherwise, it becomes as ordinary as saying “Pass the salt.”
How many more stories do we have to hear?
Come on, people, it’s time for change!”
- Miss A’s Story: a dreadful parallel to Vicky Haigh’s victimisation by Social Services, Police et al (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- BRITAIN’S BIGGEST ISSUE: Judges sanction Social Services snatching children with Superinjunctions (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- The right to know about wrongdoing in public life – that’s what John Hemming MP is defending (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- Panorama BBC Undercover Care: The Abuse Exposed (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- Vicky flees the babysnatchers – and she’s not the first one (victims-unite.net)