… because the authors believe that history is created not be events but by individuals. Hence they list them in alphabetical order. The good guys and the bad guys…
This site is an Index of the key individuals concerned with English and Welsh Family Justice and Child Protection over the last three decades. Some coverage of individuals from other nations is also provided.
The Index has been created and maintained to act as an initial reference guide for the public, journalists, historians and biographers, together with professionals, politicians and those whose lives have been impacted in the last 30 years and beyond through the traumas of English and Welsh child and family social policy. It should not be regarded as a primary source of reliable data, and for that reason copious references to other data sources are made throughout.
The Dramatis Personae website is hosted, administered and edited in the United States, by US citizens – though contributors from other nations are welcome. The site attempts to be informative and as accurate as possible in the presentation of any views, opinions or interpretations made.
Please note that for some subjects – such as the SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) Myth – extensively discussed on these Web pages – the amount of material presented to the editors is considerable and only for brevity hasn’t been submitted for publication. In the future the multi-media content for this subject is likely to increase, including Super 8 video converted into a digital form.
This is a text-heavy site, due to it’s very nature. Some of the entries are particularly long, and on occasions span multiple pages. As the Site develops, more multi-media links and graphics will be added to enliven the pages.
The beginnings of a collusion between leftist and liberal concerns and religious fundamentalism is perceived to have taken place, certainly at the end of the 1980’s, and this collusion still has a significant influence on policy and practise even now.
This site is guilty to some significant degree, of being almost universally negative about child protection professionals and their related peers.
- The battle is on: between the Court of Public Opinion and the Private Courts of Family Law Judges (victims-unite.net)
- Child protection red tape condemned (mirror.co.uk)
- ‘End child protection red tape’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Call to end ‘child protection red tape’ (independent.co.uk)
- Child Protective Services Fails Again Under Its “Watchful Eye” (newkingwords.wordpress.com)
- Bloggers as victims? They need to be gagged to protect child snatching from being shown up! (rm14.wordpress.com)
- UK Rally Against Child Abuse: London, Saturday 4 June (vickyhaigh.wordpress.com)
- Where Have All The Social Workers Gone? Critical Reflection and Child Protection (peakcare.wordpress.com)
- ‘Tick box culture’ for social workers needs to come to an end (alisonsgypt.wordpress.com)